JOB CLASSIFICATION: Mechanic
LOCATION: Bus Garage
ANTICIPATED HOUR: 8 hours per day
Monday – Friday;
40 hours per week
- High School Diploma or HiSET
- Must pass annual school bus driver physical as required by the State of Maine and MSAD 54.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds and must be physically able to assist an injured student off the bus in an emergency.
- Must hold and maintain a valid State of Maine school bus driver’s license. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities a minimum of four years’ applicable work experience of any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must have valid State of Maine inspection license for auto, truck and school bus.
- Documented experience in repair and maintenance of heavy duty or diesel vehicles and specialty equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, diagnose and repair vehicle malfunctions.Demonstrated ability to communicate with staff, peers, students and work under pressure.
- Ability to understand job functions in relationship to school district needs
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate bus repair and other electronic records.
Submit letter of interest and resume to David Leavitt, Support Services Manager, at the Superintendent’s Office. For more information