JOB CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance
LOCATION: District Wide
WORK SCHEDULE: 4 hours maintenance / 4 hours bus driver - school year
8 hours maintenance- non-school days
40 hours per week – Year Round
- High school diploma or HiSET.
- Will be required to have a bus driver’s license and drive bus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of carpentry, electrical, and plumbing equipment and methods
- Must have documented previous experience of successful, effective and safe operation of heavy equipment (i.e. tractor, front end loader, tractor mower and zero-turn mower), light equipment (i.e. weed-whacker, power brushes, and push mowers).
- Should have a basic working knowledge of fields and grounds maintenance and sports activities. Will be required to mow and repair of sports fields and grounds. Prepare fields for games.
- Will be required to use, service and maintain tractors, mowers, snow blowers, paint sprayers and other maintenance type equipment.
- Will be required to maintain sports goals, fences, backstops, swings, slides, etc.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects.
- Will be required to work in dusty and wet conditions at times
- Excellent documented carpentry skills including Finish and Cabinetry work
- Must be able to scope out a project, procure materials and work indepently and complete projects in a timely manner
- Will be required to have training in the inspection asbestos and prepare reports.
- Will be required to have training for and perform the following:
- State required water tests
- OSHA, and fire inspections
- Repair cleaning equipment
- Routine maintenance and repair HVAC systems
- Minor maintenance on fire, smoke, septic and other systems
- Door and window hardware repair
- General school building maintenance and repairs
- Ability to operate and work at heights on a scissor lift or high ladder.
- Will be required to work district wide to make repairs to the school buildings and equipment.
- Certifications as determined by management
Apply for this position in writing to David Leavitt, Support Services Manager, at the Superintendent’s Office. For more information call 474-9508.