The Aspire Communications Coordinator will support a partnership among MSAD 54 school district, the MELMAC Education Foundation, and Generation US (a consulting affiliate of JMG Inc.). The focus of this partnership is to continue to advance how MSAD 54 prepares students for life after high school. This is an exciting but challenging multi-year, system-wide change initiative. In addition to being a partner, the MELMAC Education Foundation is funding this work. While the grant must be approved on an annual basis, contingent upon meeting high performance and organizational standards, the expectation is that the Aspire Communications Coordinator will be funded for a minimum of four years.The Aspire Communications Coordinator will be based within the school district’s offices and the role requires a professional, positive, and proactive attitude, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This position will work closely with district staff to coordinate, expand and advanceongoing district efforts with the Aspire initiative. This position will work on behalf of the partnership, and in this unique role will be required to work with key members of the initiative’s leadership team. The leadership team will consist of executive and management-level representatives from all three partnering organizations.
The Aspire Communications Coordinator will support the Aspire initiative with high-level administrative responsibilities focused on advancing common language and understanding of this initiative. Examples of this will include suggesting, organizing and executing communications related to stakeholder outreach and community relations events. This team member must be able to build strong internal and external relationships while positively influencing and building engagement. A key objective of this initiative is to create a student-centered, results-driven process that can be
replicated within other school districts and communities. In support of this objective, the Aspire Communications Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining a repository of key strategies, documents, and defined stages within the change process as they are articulated and defined by the
Aspire leadership team. This includes organizing this information in such a way that it can be shared with other Aspire team members, and serve as a guide for future initiatives.
- Initiate and manage specific outreach and communication projects, such as the drafting of news releases, informational letters, and supporting documents.
- Serve as lead for suggesting content for on-line and social media platforms and maintaining ongoing presence.
- Coordinate other communication-based projects. A variety of these projects are expected to be developed throughout the duration of this initiative, and may range from supporting concepts such as “Future Story”, assisting in synthesizing and developing key messages, ordering and displaying collateral marketing materials.
- Work closely with district staff to coordinate, expand and advance ongoing district efforts with the Aspire initiative.
- Work with other team members to prepare informational presentations, including content and aesthetics, about the Aspire initiative, including the creation of supporting materials such as hand-outs, PowerPoint presentations, and/or summaries.
- Organize Aspire meetings, at times including multiple stakeholders, across the partnership, among the leadership team(s), and with other key internal and external audiences, ranging from students, teachers and staff, parents, school board members, community members, and Maine- based employers. This may include drafting agendas, coordinating logistics, taking minutes/notes.
- Execute the delivery and completion of surveys and questionnaires, both internally and externally.
- Manage the overall schedule for the Aspire initiative and create a system for regular updates and review of the schedule and upcoming priorities.
- sound judgment by keeping the Aspire team updated on any issues that may arise which could potentially impact the initiative.
- Handle matters expeditiously and proactively and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Contribute to grant reports, including the collection of information from other partners and technical support providers.
- Serve as a liaison between MSAD 54 and JMG/Generation US when needed, for example, sending in invoices from the school district to JMG/Generation US.
- Work independently, demonstrating good judgment and foresight.
JMG partners with Maine's public middle and high schools, community colleges, and our university system to help students reach their fullest potential. JMG serves more than 10,000 students in communities throughout all of Maine's 16 counties.
JMG is the only nonprofit in Maine offering a continuum of support to help students transition from middle school through high school graduation, onto post-secondary education through degree attainment and connections to successful career pathways.
JMG programs are hosted within Maine's public schools, and classes and year-round activities are led by JMG Specialists who serve as mentors and educators. Specialists are able to develop student-centered, personalized education plans, delivered through a competency-based curriculum focusing on academic knowledge, career development skills, leadership, and teamwork.
JMG increases high school graduation rates, college retention, and degree attainment. It prepares students for successful careers after graduation by helping them overcome academic, financial, and social barriers. It empowers Maine students and models Maine's next generation of young leaders, providing them with a toolbox of skills, knowledge, and best practices that they can use throughout their lives to achieve self-sufficiency, pursue their aspirations, and attain success. Each JMG student leaves the classroom with pride, direction, and a clearer sense of what they want out of life and how they are going to achieve it.
JMG's unique connections to Maine businesses are an important part of achieving successful results on behalf of our students. By visiting our classrooms, hosting job shadows and internships, and volunteering at student enrichment events, JMG's business partners help to expose students to Maine's diverse network of employers and career opportunities.